Metal braces have been around for generations, but they have changed over the years. Once cumbersome, they’re now sleeker and more comfortable than they were in the past, making them a more attractive treatment option for people of all ages.
What Do Braces Treat?
Metal braces treat a variety of orthodontic issues. Anyone who has a crooked bite, misaligned jaw, or any other issue that is affecting your smile can be helped by the Smilify team with smilification. An orthodontist will assess your needs and determine if metal braces are a good choice for you.
Treatment with Metal Braces: How It Works
Once you and your orthodontist have determined that metal braces are your best treatment option, the first step in the process begins with the orthodontist cleaning your teeth. Once your teeth are cleaned, the orthodontist puts a solution on them so the brackets will stay in place. Then you’re ready to have the braces installed. The orthodontist puts your brackets on, and once the glue dries, he or she attaches the wires to the brackets. Then, the fun begins. You can dress your metal braces up with colored ties. Consider adding your school colors to show some school spirit or add your favorite color so you’ll always see it when you smile.
Before you leave, you’ll set up your next appointment with your orthodontist. You’ll need to come in for regular appointments so the Smilify team can tighten your brackets. That way, your teeth will continue to get straighter and straighter until your teeth are in perfect alignment and don’t need the braces anymore.
When you team up with a Smilify orthodontist for this process, you’ll notice that it is relatively quick and painless. That is because the Smilify team of orthodontists is trained in the latest skills and techniques for metal braces. Braces are simply a tool in the smilification process, and when they’re in the right hands, they are very powerful. That is why it’s so important that you choose the right orthodontist.
Are Metal Braces Right for You? Check Out the Advantages
When determining if metal braces are right for you, you need to look at the benefits. Braces have been around for a long time, and they have many benefits.
• Metal braces cost less than other treatment options. Insurance is also often willing to pick up some, if not all, of the cost when it comes to metal braces. If you’re concerned about the financial investment in smilification, this might be the best option for you. And, when you choose the Smilify team, you’re saving even more. Our practice offers the highest-quality service while providing the best possible prices in the industry. This sets us apart from the competition.
• Metal braces are incredibly durable. While ceramic braces can break from time to time, metal braces typically hold up over time. That doesn’t mean that they can’t break, but it is less likely to happen.
• Metal braces also correct dental problems quicker compared to other treatment options. That means you can expect to wear them for less time than you would have to wear clear braces or Invisalign. If you want to get your braces off in time for a special event—by prom or the big wedding—you might want to look at your calendar and talk to the Smilify team to see if metal braces can get the job done.
Other Points When Considering Metal Braces
• While metal braces have many benefits, there are some limitations to keep in mind. If you play contact sports, you need to go with Invisalign or wear a mouth guard with your braces. Otherwise, you could end up with a mouth injury.
• Brushing and flossing can be somewhat difficult with metal braces. The Smilify team will go over the proper brushing and flossing process with you to ensure that you practice proper hygiene. In addition, you need to keep regular dentist appointments when you have braces. That way, your teeth will be white when you take your braces off.
• Some people report feeling some discomfort when braces are tightened. The discomfort is typically minor and goes away in a few days. If you are extremely sensitive to pain, talk to the Smilify team about your concerns prior to moving forward.
• It’s also important to note that metal braces are more noticeable than clear braces and Invisalign are. People overcome this by decorating them with colored bands. That makes wearing the braces more fun.
If you want to improve your smile, metal braces are an excellent option. Contact the Smilify team today to schedule a complementary consultation.